Close this search box.

Graduation Application and Requirements

In order to graduate in four years, students should take between 15 and 18 units of appropriate college- level classes per semester. After their first semester, students in good academic standing may take up to 19 units per semester with the approval of their academic advisor and the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.

Students must apply for graduation by the end of the eighth week of the semester prior to commencement, and this will normally be the first semester of the senior year for those students on the four-year degree plan. The Application for Graduation form must be signed by the student’s academic advisor and the VPASA and submitted to the Registrar. The Registrar will review the records of each student who has applied for graduation and inform him/her in writing of all requirements that still must be completed. This report will be given to the student prior to registration for the final semester. Copies of the report will be sent to the student’s advisor and to the VPASA.

Except for Architecture which is a five-year program, a student must have completed a minimum of 124 credit units in Business, Global Affairs, Information Technology Management, Law. Dual degree students must complete the minimum credits required by the partner institution. In addition, students must have met all the following requirements:

  • Passed all required courses
  • Completed at least 60 credits in residence at AUPP
  • Completed at least 30 of the final 60 credit units in residence at AUPP, unless otherwise provided for in a Dual Degree program administered with a partner institution.
  • Completed at least 45 credit units in upper division (300 or 400 level) course work
  • Passed all the requirements of the general education program with a grade point average of 2.00 or higher
  • Passed all the requirements of the major program with a grade point average of 2.00 or higher
  • Have an overall GPA of 2.00 or higher
  • Satisfied all financial obligations to the University.