Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click on a question to see the answer……
Why should I choose to study at AUPP?
At AUPP, we care about our students and are here to help our students achieve success. We help students develop the skills required for success in higher education and in the global marketplace. AUPP offers the highest American quality university education in Cambodia. Our professors will challenge you to reach your fullest potential. While students obtain the same quality education at AUPP as they would get in the US, they have the opportunity get two degrees upon their graduation. One degree is from AUPP and the other from one of our accredited U.S. partner universities through the Dual Degree Programs.
What is a Dual Degree Program?
The dual degree programs offered at AUPP are fully accredited U.S. collegiate programs where students discover learning experiences with American faculty from the University of Arizona, Fort Hays State University, and the American University of Phnom Penh. The programs are all taught at AUPP’s campus by highly trained American and international faculty from the three universities. The three universities have established academic partnerships to offer dual degrees in Business Administration, Law, Civil Engineering, IT Management/Computer Science, and Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Upon graduation, the students obtain two degrees at the same time. The students obtain an internationally recognized American degree from either the University of Arizona (UA) or Fort Hays State University (FHSU) as well as from AUPP.
During the third and fourth years of dual Bachelor’s degree programs, AUPP faculty and UA or FHSU’s faculty jointly deliver lessons to students at AUPP which means that AUPP students are able to complete their Bachelor’s degree entirely in Cambodia. Students also have the option to spend one or more years of their studies at either UA or FHSU and complete their degree in the US.
What are the benefits of the Dual Degree Programs?
- Gaining access to a top ranked U.S. education at an affordable price
- Earning fully accredited U.S. degree entirely at AUPP in Phnom Penh in as little as 4 years
- Paying 5-7 times less than studying in the US
- Access to top graduate schools for Master’s degree and Doctorate degree and job placement anywhere in the world
- Learn from highly qualified American and international, PhD. holding professors.
- Experience a rich and vibrant American university life.
- Experience local, regional, and international internship programs.
- Obtain worldwide employment opportunities after graduating from AUPP.
- Receive numerous scholarship opportunities for post graduate studies at universities abroad.
- Join a worldwide network of U.S. university alumni for employment networking.
- Gain access to U.S. university resources, such as world class libraries and education assistance.
Who can apply to AUPP?
Students who have successfully completed a Cambodian National High School Examination or held an equivalent high school diploma may apply to AUPP. Those with high school diplomas from private schools, or schools outside Cambodia, must have their diploma certified by the Ministry of Education Youth, and Sport (MoEYS).
What degrees does AUPP offer?
AUPP offers undergraduate degrees that are valued in both public and private sectors:
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture (AUPP Single Degree)
- Bachelor of Arts in Global Affairs (AUPP Single Degree)
- Bachelor of Science in Business (AUPP/UA Dual Degree)
- International Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Law (AUPP/UA Dual Degree)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (AUPP/UA Dual Degree)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism & Hospitality Management (AUPP/FHSU Dual Degree)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management (AUPP/FHSU Dual Degree)
Who are the faculty?
AUPP aims to contribute to the human resource development of Cambodia. It is grounded on principles of having a highly qualified senior management with expert administrative skills and experience in academic affairs; and a faculty with terminal degrees from U.S. and other international educational institutions.
Ninety percent of our faculty hold Ph.D.’s from American and other international universities with university-level teaching and research experience. The faculty members have been trained in interactive and collaborative pedagogy that engage students in their own learning, thus making learning more useful and meaningful to the students.
When do classes start?
Most students join AUPP in October, but there is also an intake for the second semester, which starts in January. We offer optional summer sessions commencing in May. Continuing students begin the first semester in late August or early September.
When and how should I apply?
American universities always encourage interested students to apply for admissions in advance. You do not need to wait until the result of their high school is released. You should apply as soon as possible to ensure your place at AUPP. Qualified applicants will be admitted and notified within 24 hours. You can apply online via: http://sisaupp.com/application/apply/online.
Why should I apply in advance (as soon as possible)?
As you are applying for admissions, you will be asked to take our English language assessment if you do not have a required ILETS or TOEFL score meeting collegiate requirement. For example, if your English meets our collegiate requirement, you will be fully admitted to our degree program when your high school diploma is available; otherwise you may have time to develop your English and retake the language assessment.
How many hours do I need to study in class?
As an AUPP student, you will have at least 15 hours of classes per week and you will study 2 to 3 hours outside of class for each hour of class. AUPP students focus intensely on their coursework, but also have time for fun and opportunities to broaden their education in addition to regular classes.
Can I transfer credits to AUPP for coursework completed at another university?
When students join AUPP from another university, we review their transcripts and decide on how many credits can be transferred. Students must have at least a “C” grade or higher to be eligible to transfer credits in each course. Acceptance of credits will be determined on a case by case basis. Students must be accepted to study at AUPP before transfer credits will be considered.
Are any classes taught in Khmer?
No, all classes are taught in English by highly experienced and trained American and international faculty.
Can I enroll at AUPP if my English does not meet collegiate requirements?
Yes, you can still enroll at AUPP through the English Preparatory Program (EPP) so that you are fully prepared for success in the Collegiate Program. After taking a placement test, you will be placed into your appropriate English Preparatory Program level. Please see the Admission Information Document for more details.
How much is the tuition at AUPP?
The following information applies to new students enrolling in academic year 2018/19 to 2019/20:
- English Preparatory Program (EPP): The tuition fee is US$3,000/Semester
- AUPP Single Degree: The tuition fee is US$3,000/Semester or US$200/Credit
- Dual Degree: The tuition fee is US$4,500/Semester or US$300/Credit
Do you offer any scholarships?
Students who have obtained grade A and B from a Cambodian National High School Examination are eligible to the scholarships. The scholarships are offered in reduction of the tuition fee. To learn more about the scholarships, visit us or see our website at www.aupp.edu.kh.
Do you offer any discount to siblings?
If two siblings attend the University, the second could get a 10-20% remission based on financial need. The sibling must be attending the University at the same time to receive the discount. If one (or more) withdraw, or graduate from the university, the remaining sibling will be charged the full tuition fee.
Are there any additional fees?
- For those students who enroll in the American dual degree program, additional fees may apply to cover the administrative costs.
- All applicants pay a one-time, non-refundable application fee of US$25 and additional US$15 for AUPP English Language Placement Test. Students who have a score of 6.0 IELTS or 65 TOEFL iBT scores are exempted from the test.
- All students pay $5.00 per year each Fall semester for a Microsoft Office 365 license which allows the student to install Office on up to five computers.
- Parking fees may apply if you will be parking a vehicle on campus.