Communications and E-mail Policy
AUPP E-mail is the official communication mechanism at AUPP. All students are responsible for information coming through this medium. In addition, the University shall post all relevant circulars, notices, policies and other documents on the University bulletin boards. All policy changes will appear in the next issue of the Catalog, in relevant Handbooks/Manuals, and posted on the AUPP Staff and Faculty Portal.
Each student will be given an AUPP e-mail address when they first register. This e-mail account will remain active while studying at AUPP and moved to an alumni group after graduation. This email account will be deleted when a student permanently withdraws from AUPP.
The policies related to the use of AUPP e-mail are listed below:
- Users should use the official University e-mail service only for official business (not personal use) and should not use personal e-mail services such as Yahoo, Gmail, or Hotmail unless the AUPP system is unavailable.
- Users should not share their passwords with anyone.
- Users should use discretion when forwarding emails with and should not forward Junk or SPAM e-mails.
- Users are only allowed to send e-mails and attachments that are consistent with cultural, political and moral values of Cambodia. Users must not send e-mails that might damage AUPP’s image or reputation.
- E-mail messages of a confidential nature should be preceded in the e-mail Subject line with the word CONFIDENTIAL. Users are not allowed to send, forward, or distribute any e-mail messages containing confidential information as this is considered to breach Intellectual Property Rights.
- Users must not send, reply, forward or distribute any e-mail messages or attachments that they know contain virus attachments or malicious programs.
- Users are prohibited from using the University e-mail system to impersonate someone else.
- Users are prohibited from sending, redirecting, transferring, distributing or replying to e-mails when using another person’s e-mail system.
- Users are not allowed to enter any changes to the electronic message content, or change the date and time, or source, or party, or the label, or any other information.
- Users shall not register an AUPP e-mail address with Websites for non-business purposes.
- Users shall not use automatic forwarding to or from external e-mail addresses.
- Mass e-mail communication on the AUPP network is not allowed unless authorized by AUPP management.
- When using e-mail on a mobile device such as a Smart Phone, the mobile device should be provided with a password lock security feature activated automatically when the device is idle.
- Students who breach the above may be penalized, depending on the severity of the breach.