Student Loans AUPP
In addition to Scholarship, AUPP has established a self-funded loan program for students who do not qualify for scholarship. Students who demonstrate financial need can seek a loan up to USD 2,000 each academic year, or USD 1,000 each semester. Students are eligible for loan program considerations on a case by case basis. Loans also cover the cost of study in the English preparatory program.
- Students must receive an A, B, or C on the National School Leaver’s Exam to be eligible for a loan.
- A student/family must pay at least 40% of the semester tuition and the University will provide a loan for up to 60%.
- The student is required to pay the interest for each respective semester at 5%.
- The student/family signs a note that they will repay the loan upon getting a job at the rate of 50% of their salary a month until the loan is repaid. If a student cannot find a job, the University may try to assist.
- After the first semester in their first year, the student will be eligible to work at the university to earn money to help pay the interest.
The University will hold the diploma until the loan is repaid.
Deferred Payment Plan
A deferred payment plan is available for students unable to pay the tuition at the start of a semester. The student must submit an application to the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) for approval. The cost for this service is an additional $100 administrative fee each semester.
The schedule for payment is:
- 40% of the total tuition fees prior to registration for the semester;
- 30% of the total tuition fees within 50 calendar days of the start of classes;
- 30% of the total tuition fees plus the additional charge prior to the start of the final examination period.
Students who qualify for this plan must pay the tuition fees in full, even if they withdraw from the university after the tuition refund period. Students will not receive grades until semester tuition and fees are paid.