Dr. Štefan Tkáč is the Chair of Architecture and an Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Architecture. His most significant accomplishments as a professional include:
• Fulbright Visiting Scholar to the University of Arizona – College of Engineering
• CEO of an international architectural company STUDIO Ltd.
• The Technical University of Kosice´s representative in South and the Far East Asia and advisor to the rector’s office for International relationships.
• Founder of the first Slovak academic International Branch Campus
• Head of the Slovak~Taiwan hydro energy research lab
• Author of the first complex mapping of Taiwanese hydropower plants
• The only Slovak member of the Asian Network of Industrial Heritage.
He would describe fairness by keeping the so called clean shield as a value of the contribution to his career path. Probably the best definition of him and his life could be covered by the quote of Ms. Loreena McKennitt who wrote: “Every journey brings its own surprises a challenge a sudden detour a new set of friends along the way, perhaps even a destination different from the one you indeed…”