Standard Operating Procedures for Reopening Schools in COVID-19 Context
All staff, faculty, and students will be required to use the QR code as part of entering the campus effective February 22, 2021. This QR code, in addition to temperature check and use of hand sanitizer, must be completed each time you enter/re-enter campus.
AUPP continues to follow the developments of COVID-19 and monitors situations on campus and around the world. There will be social distancing signs everywhere, floor-markings, one-way paths, hand sanitizer stations and other health and safety tips.
The university is committed to reducing health risks; therefore, we encourage students and faculties to strictly adhere to the COVID-19 preventive measures issued by the Ministry of Health and the Royal Government of Cambodia as well as the Standard Operating Procedures in COVID-19 Context set by the university as follows:
- Strictly adhere to the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health and the Royal Government in promoting health and safety, prevention, and prevention of any dangers, in which MoEYS has recently issued with a highly responsible manner.
- Develop safe, inclusive, comfortable, and harmonious learning environment.
- Temporarily avoid any community events or gathering on the campus to avoid the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Allow all student, academic staff, and other staff to take leave in case of having any symptoms of sickness, fever, 37.5 or above, cough, cold, sore throat, breathing problem or other infectious disease.
- Encourage parents and guardians of the students to prepare nutritious homemade food for their children for good health.
- Encourage academic staff and other staff to pack their own food or meal given that selling food in or out campus will not be allowed.
- Practice a safe distance of 1.5 meters while eating and interacting.
- Arrange seat for the students inside the classrooms by maintaining the safety distancing at least of 2 meters and allocate no more than 20-25 students inside a classroom.
- Hand washing equipment are available at many places including restroom and classroom areas with soap and clean water for daily usage.
- Keep the restroom clean for daily usage for both male and female restroom.
- Students, faculty and all staff are expected to:
- Understand the importance of health and safety measures.
- Follow only official news and announcement related to COVID-19 situation including Ministry of Health, World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS).
- Not hold the view of “Discrimination and Intimidation”.
- Not travel to any places that have the high rate of COVID-19 reported cases.
- Practice the hygiene measures regularly by washing the hands for at least 40 seconds as frequently as possible.
- Always bring hand sanitizer or hand gel for personal use.
- Spit or sneeze properly.
- Cover their mouth with clean tissue or use their elbow when sneezing or coughing.
- Greet each other by bowing the two hands in Khmer traditional way.
- Not directly touch any patient having fever, cough, or cold without wearing proper protective clothes and do not touch their eyes, nose and mouth with bare hands.
- Students, faculty and staff are required to cover the cost of COVID-19 testing and other treatments.
- In case any student, academic staff and other staff has 37.5 or above, that person will not be allowed to enter the premises or classroom, and the university will cooperate with health officers to find proper health service.
- The Health Committee and the management of the university will actively cooperate with health officers in case of emergency and contact the hotline 115 if any suspicious COVID-19 case is identified.