Master’s Admission Criteria
American University of Phnom Penh is accepting local and international students who meet the minimum Master’s admission criteria. Students applying to AUPP for a Master’s degree are required to submit all necessary documentation for admission and have acceptable scores and grades in their previous education. AUPP is happy to provide education to students from different backgrounds and cultures.International students help to enhance the learning environment and collegiate experience.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale
- Two years of working experience or currently working
- Minimum IELTS (Academic Module) score of 6.0 (with no individual skill band below 6.0) or a TOEFL iBT score of at least 79 or higher is expected for all non-native English speaker applicants. Applicants may take the AUPP English Placement Test if they do not have IELTS or TOEFL score
- A birth Certificate (with English name), or National ID card, or Passport
- An earned bachelor’s degree diploma to be uploaded in application form
- An Unofficial Transcript to be uploaded in application form (If you accept our offer of admission, we will request official transcripts at that time)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement
- Admission Interviews
Application Fee: $25
English Placement Test Fee: $15
- Applicants who have the requisite IELTS or TOEFL score do not need to take the English Placement Test, and only need to pay the application fee.
- The application form may be found on the Master’s Admissions Application on our website, please visit:
English Proficiency / Placement Test
- IELTS – Applicants submit a copy of the score report. AUPP will verify the score.
- TOEFL – Applicants must provide the AUPP TOEFL Institutional Code (B027) to the Test Centre, and ask the Centre to send the score report directly to the Registrar, American University of Phnom Penh, PO Box 1955, Phnom Penh Postcode 120000, Cambodia Post, Cambodia.
Placement Test – If the applicant has not taken the IELTS or TOEFL exams, they must take the AUPP English Placement test. The Admissions Office will set up a time to take the test. Applicants must bring an original identification to take the English Placement Test.
Tuition fee is paid by semester and depending on the number of courses that students are enrolled in.
Eligibility for scholarships:
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.40 based on a 4.0 scale and at least two years of work experience
- write a maximum of 500-word essay addressing on the amount/percentage of scholarships you are requesting, what you can contribute to the AUPP community and why you should earn it
- submit your essay to [email protected] with your name and application ID after submitted your application
Deferred Payment Plan & Student Loan
- Deferred Payment Plan
Deferred Payment Plan lessen the financial pressure on the students. This flexibility enables students to have the option of paying their tuition fee up to three installments per semester. The cost for this service is an additional $100 administrative fee each semester.
- Student Loan
Students can request up to $1,000 per semester. Students must meet the eligibility criteria of the student loan program in order to be considered for the program. For more information, please contact Finance Department after receiving admission to the MBA program.