Position: UI/UX Designer
Reports to: Application Architect Manager
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
UI/UX Designer is an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for user satisfaction of using the IT system.
- Manage and analyze system processes related to IT system development, where you will act as an intermediary between the system development team and users.
- Prepare documents related to system development such as Business Requirement, User Story, Screen Mockup, Prototype.
- Monitor the progress of system development to ensure the system developed according to the prototype designed.
- Work with Business Users to ensure preparation and validations of UAT plans including the Test Scripts as per the signed-off URSs/ SFSs.
- Research new technology or adopt the best practice of business process to be applied on the existing or new system to be more efficient
Communication Requirements Internal
Maintenance of close communication among all stakeholders is a mandatory requirement of the job. It spans across 1-to-1, 1-to-many, as well as many-to-many basis and, could involve external and external parties.
Communication Requirements External
Whilst the preferred mode of communication would be via emails, the other mediums such as verbal, hardcopy based, presentation based, etc. would be applicable irrespective of using digital or non-digital media.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate level education in IT or similar fields.
- Professional training, diploma or certification in system development
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar functional environment with responsibilities
- Working knowledge of modern development patterns including Agile
- Ability to prepare documentation for evaluation and recommendation for management approval.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
- Experience in using Adobe XD, Adobe Illustration and Photoshop is a plus
- Background in project management and research is a plus.
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Experience working in AGILE development environment.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- User Requirements gathering.
- End user training.
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Khmer.
- Should be IT Savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Good listening, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex ideas to user with limited IT and systems knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess personal traits: Initiative; self-driver, team player, detailed and meticulous
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[UI/UX Designer] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh