Technology Center Administrative Coordinator
Position: Technology Center Administrative Coordinator
Supervisor: Technology Center Director
Description: Technology Center Administrative Coordinator assists the Technology Center Director in his day-to-day tasks and conducts business development tasks as assigned by the Director. The duties extend from administrative tasks to internal/external communications, government liaison, problem-solving, and research and evaluation to help the Director in overseeing the Center for Leadership and Professional Development and Technology Center.
- Manage the work calendar for the Director, including coordinating in-person and online meeting appointments and assisting the Director in prioritizing and following-up on various engagements.
- Attend meetings, as directed, and take meeting minutes for the Director’s work file and identifying action items.
- Process incoming and prepare outgoing formal correspondences for the Director or as directed.
- Provide translation and interpretation (Khmer-English-Khmer) as needed.
- Organize the Director’s business travel arrangements and team events/kickoff bi-yearly.
- Perform administrative tasks to support the Technology Center and Center Leadership Professional Development Department.
- Coordinate with relevant departments regarding Center operations.
Liaison and Communication
- Act as liaison or contact point between the Director and internal and external stakeholders, as assigned.
- Assist the Director in liaison with public-sector partners, regulators, and other government entities.
- Reach out to division heads in the various Business Units to communicate the Director’s message or gather information needed by the Director.
- Coordinate with Legal Counsel for all relevant agreements and MOUs and tracking.
Research and Business Development Tasks
- Conduct practical research on relevant topics as instructed at the Director’s request.
- Study potential partners, collaboration proposals, and other project proposals at the Director’s instruction and make suggestions.
- Keep abreast of changes in the industries impacting the various Business Units’ operation and strategic direction.
- Develop business presentation and update strategic plans for all Business Units as needed or required by the Director.
Standing and Other Tasks
- Assist the in the preparation of monthly departmental reports for Senior Management.
- Perform specific tasks, as assigned, to assist the Director in dealing with matters in each Business Units.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Director.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Technology, Business, Law, or Government-related fields.
- Professional proficiencies in spoken and written Khmer and English.
- Strong practical research skills cutting across disciplines and industries.
- A working understanding of the Cambodian regulatory environment for business. An understanding of the education and medical sectors is a plus.
- High computer literacy for document processing, quantitative processing, and data visualization and presentation for business purposes; for maintaining accurate records; and for other tasks related to the position.
- Good logistical and event management skills.
Experience and Other Traits
- Has a minimum of two years of experience in professional settings.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and can work with people at different professional seniorities from different backgrounds.
- Uphold a high standard of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Is energetic, flexible, and organized and is a quick learner.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
Our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Technology Center Administrative Coordinator] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh