Position: Systems Analyst
Department: Office of the Registrar
Description: Systems Analyst is the main liaison between the Office of the Registrar and IT, responsible for analyzing university Student Information System (SIS), defining software requirements and specifications, guiding program design and development, and producing data reports.
- Providing input on strategy, procedures and new initiatives for automation and improvement of quality of business processes.
- Analyzing the need of new interfaces and functional modules for SIS.
- Developing instructions for programmers by creating detailed design specifications including system narratives, file layouts, screen layouts, report layouts, and program narratives and develops and maintains documentation for systems including system overviews, training materials, and troubleshooting guides.
- Developing and maintaining user manuals, conduct user trainings on demand.
- Working collaboratively with other structural units for the improvement of quality of business processes.
- Producing reports to serve the needs of management, and Ministry as required.
- Analyzing requests for statistical and other reports and work with the requestor to meet the requestor’s needs.
- Consult students and faculty on the matters related to the Office functionality.
- Working with other areas of the Office as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- At least 2 years of similar work experience.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS).
- Knowledge and experience with BI tools (Tableau, Data Studio or PowerBI) is a plus.
- Knowing one or more programming languages, such as VBA, SQL, and Python.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Khmer is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT is a plus.
- Knowledge of the USA education system is a plus.
- Experience in working with student information systems and scheduling software is a plus.
- Experience in data analysis, working with reports and corresponding software is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work with people possessing various levels of technical knowledge is required.
- Able to work with details, be highly accurate, take initiative, meet deadlines and be confidential.
- Willingness to take on a flexible schedule as required (evenings and weekends).
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment with scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. Our remuneration scheme has attracted many experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various other global regions. Our students’ growth is our main motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything between, AUPP will provide a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia. Furthermore, AUPP offers a competitive benefits package which includes round-trip airfare (conditions apply), a free visa, free work permit, and a subsidized international healthcare plan.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
We would appreciate it if you could use the designation: “[Systems Analyst] – Applicant Full Name” in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Inquiries can be directed to the email provided.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh