Senior Web Application
Position: Senior Web Application
Reports to: Application Architect Manager
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Senior Web Application responsible for managing front end and back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support.
- Ensure the security and integrity of University API endpoint, and make sure application tokens, API keys are well managed and regular changes.
- Develop and administering part of Universities’ Student Information System.
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team.
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
Communication Requirements Internal
Maintenance of close communication among all stakeholders is a mandatory requirement of the job. It spans across 1-to-1, 1-to-many as well as many-to-many basis and could involve external and external parties.
Communication Requirements External
Whilst the preferred mode of communication would be via emails, the other mediums such as verbal, hardcopy based, presentation based etc. would be applicable irrespective of using digital or non-digital media.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate level education in IT or similar fields.
- Professional training, diploma or certification in system development
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar functional environment with responsibilities
- Broad experience working with complex operational systems.
- Working knowledge of modern development patterns including Agile
- Ability to prepare documentation for evaluation and recommendation for management approval.
- Experience developing Unit Test for Laravel.
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
- Demonstrable experience with PHP including OOP, security, refactoring & design patterns.
- Experience working in AGILE development environment.
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- Experience using Linux Server (Ubuntu or Arch)
- Experience using NginX is a plus.
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Khmer.
- Should be IT Savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Good listening, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Possess personal traits: Initiative; self-driver, team player, detailed and meticulous.
- Strong analytical skills
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Senior Web Application] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh