Senior Web Application
Position: Senior Web Application
Supervisor: Application Architect Manager
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Description: Senior Web Application responsible for managing front end and back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support.
- Ensure the security and integrity of University API endpoint, and make sure application tokens, API keys are well managed and regular changes.
- Develop and administer part of Universities’ Student Information System.
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team.
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
- Evaluating the results of the integration projects and preparing reports for management.
- Maintenance of close communication among all stakeholders is a mandatory requirement of the job. It spans across 1-to-1, 1-to-many as well as many-to-many basis and could involve external and external parties.
- Whilst the preferred mode of communication would be via emails, the other mediums such as verbal, hardcopy based, presentation based etc. would be applicable irrespective of using digital or non-digital media.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Undergraduate level education in IT or similar fields.
- Professional training, diploma or certification in system development.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar functional environment with responsibilities.
- Broad experience working with complex operational systems.
- Working knowledge of modern development patterns including Agile.
- Ability to prepare documentation for evaluation and recommendation for management approval.
- Experience developing systems using PHP with Laravel framework.
- Experience developing Unit Test for Laravel.
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework.
- Demonstrable experience with PHP including OOP, security, refactoring & design patterns.
- Experience working in AGILE development environment.
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design.
- Experience using Linux Server (Ubuntu or Arch).
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Khmer.
- Should be IT Savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Good listening, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess personal traits: Initiative; self-driver, team player, detailed and meticulous.
- Strong analytical skills.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment with scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. Our remuneration scheme has attracted many experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various other global regions. Our students’ growth is our main motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything between, AUPP will provide a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia. Furthermore, AUPP offers a competitive benefits package which includes round-trip airfare (conditions apply), a free visa, free work permit, and a subsidized international healthcare plan.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
We would appreciate it if you could use the designation: “[Senior Web Application] – Applicant Full Name” in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Inquiries can be directed to the email provided.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh