Senior Admissions Coordinator
Position: Senior Admissions Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Admissions and Student Affairs (DASA)
Description: The Senior Admissions Coordinator (SAC) is responsible for the overall admissions process, supporting efforts to guide prospective students through registration and adapting to the campus environment. The SAC will collaborate with multiple departments on campus to ensure office goals are met.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitor all aspects of the admissions process including the collection, evaluation and distribution of documents and information related to their admission and registration.
- Supervise telephone and electronic correspondence with prospective students, including appropriate and consistent follow-up with the admission officer (AO), as well as conduct this communication in the absence of the AO.
- Continuously evaluate the admissions process and report findings to DASA while collaborating with key offices such as the Registrar, Academic leaders and Finance.
- Oversee placement testing administration, support registration, and ensure timely application and tuition payments to assist key partner departments in their mission.
- Plan and proctor testing such as Accuplacer and English Placement tests.
- Responsible for processing admissions offers.
- Maintain communication with Guidance Counselors/Principals at various High Schools within the provinces and feeder colleges and universities.
- Monitor and respond to email inquiries (including but not limited to the admissions process and scholarship inquiries) using the official admissions email.
- Coordinate appropriate forms to the Registrar’s office for students’ smooth transition of becoming AUPP students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education environment while working directly with students.
- Strong command of the English language and public speaking to communicate effectively with prospective students and parents. Knowledge of the Khmer language is an advantage.
- Be able to work independently, producing expected outputs under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with young adults.
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Senior Admissions Coordinator] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh