Research Assistant for Laboratory
Position: Research Assistant for Laboratory
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Application Architect Manager
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Ensure computer lab able to operate smoothly
- Support students and teachers in the use of computer lab technology and software applications.
- Monitor student’s activities in the computer lab
- Provide a guide to the student in code writing based on the best practice
- Share the best knowledge to students related to programming lessons
- Participate in in-house system development of University
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure hardware and software in the computer lab are operatable prior practice session begins.
- Respond to queries and guide students to use computers and peripheral equipment
- Manage laboratory software, test materials, network connectivity, and hardware to ensure security.
- Advise students on research and development of projects
- Assist students in having a better understanding of programming assignments
- Coach students to resolve issues related to programming and assisted them in practical
- Provide a guide based on the best practice of data structuring and algorithms concepts
- Participate in the University’s in-house system development, where is applicable in the software development life cycle scope.
- Log equipment damage and malfunctions
- Clean, review, and handle minor equipment maintenance to ensure its operational condition
Communication Requirements Internal
Maintenance of close communication among all stakeholders is a mandatory requirement of the job. It spans across 1-to-1, 1-to-many, and the many-to-many basis and could involve external and external parties. Good command of English language verbal and written.
Communication Requirements External
The preferred mode of communication would be via emails; the other mediums such as verbal, hardcopy-based, presentation-based, would be applicable irrespective of using digital or non-digital media.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate level education in IT or similar fields.
- Professional training, diploma, or certification in system development
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a teacher or teacher assistant, developer, or similar role
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices is an advantage
- Working knowledge of modern development patterns including Agile
- Experience leading IT Project or work as a project team.
- Experience using Linux, Windows Server, and MAC OS
- Experience using Virtual Technology such as Virtual BOX, Vmware, HyperV, and Docker.
- Experience using SQLite, MySQL, NoSQL, MSSQL
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Khmer.
- Should be IT Savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Good listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex ideas to stakeholder
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess personal traits: Initiative; self-driver, team player, detailed and meticulous
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment with scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. Our remuneration scheme has attracted many experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various other global regions. Our students’ growth is our main motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything between, AUPP will provide a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia. Furthermore, AUPP offers a competitive benefits package which includes round-trip airfare (conditions apply), a free visa, free work permit, and a subsidized international healthcare plan.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
We would appreciate it if you could use the designation: “[Research Assistant for Laboratory] – Applicant Full Name” in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Inquiries can be directed to the email provided.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh