Position: Registration Officer
Department: Office of the Registrar
Supervisor: Registrar/Assistant Registrar
Description: Registration Officer is responsible for providing support for academic processes at the University, including but not limited to maintaining student personal and academic records, scheduling courses, managing course catalog, registration of students for courses, and classroom assignments.
- Maintain student personal and academic records in accordance with FERPA requirements.
- Consult students and faculty on the matters related to the Office functionality.
- Gathering data and development of class schedule and final exam schedule.
- Organization, implementation and control of registration for courses at pre/post registration periods.
- Assign classrooms and maintain room booking system.
- Track students’ progress.
- Process student requests including issuing letters, documents, and transcripts.
- Working with other areas of the Office as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT or education.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, parents and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of USA education system.
- High-level expertise in Microsoft Office 365 Suite, especially Excel (pivot tables and v-lookups).
- Experience in working with student information systems, scheduling software is a plus.
- Experience in data analysis, working with reports and corresponding software is a plus.
- Enables teamwork, collaboration and information sharing to foster a customer-oriented environment, including establishing and maintaining effective relationships with students, staff and faculty, including working with diverse cultures, individually and in a group.
- Ability to follow direction, experience in processing documentation and excellent written and spoken English skills, Khmer a plus.
- Able to work with details, be highly accurate, take initiative, meet deadlines and be confidential.
- Willingness to take on a flexible schedule as required (evenings and weekends).
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment with scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. Our remuneration scheme has attracted many experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various other global regions. Our students’ growth is our main motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything between, AUPP will provide a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia. Furthermore, AUPP offers a competitive benefits package which includes round-trip airfare (conditions apply), a free visa, free work permit, and a subsidized international healthcare plan.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
We would appreciate it if you could use the designation: “[Registration Officer] – Applicant Full Name” in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Inquiries can be directed to the email provided.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh