Supervisor: The President
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Registrar is the official custodian of student records and is responsible for providing efficient and effective admissions, registration, and enrollment operations for the University in compliance with the University rules, regulations, and procedures. The Registrar is also responsible for monitoring the annual admissions cycle from point of application through to registration and ensuring a high level of customer service. The Registrar ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of student records, and provides several related functions such as timetabling, preparing the academic calendar, managing scholarships records and awards, and issuing students with official transcripts of their educational record.
Leadership and operation
- Provide strategic leadership and student-centered culture to the Office of the Registry.
- Assure compliance with academic and accreditation policies and requirements.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with various constituencies at the university.
- Review and recommend technology applications for enhanced services in the Office of the Registrar.
- Provide student data for submission to the Ministry for compliance.
- Compile and prepare the Academic Calendar for annual publication.
- Oversee admission, registration, application and transcript fee collection, financial aid services, convocation, and development of appropriate policies for those services.
- Make admission offers to students and administer the registration procedures, including transcript evaluations, offers with advanced standing, and managing admission quotas.
- Administer admission placement tests in collaboration with the English department, and/or the VPASA.
Program and Courses
- Maintain routine academic policy and procedural updates of the catalogue and other university publications, assuring compliance of university policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Maintain program and course program matrix changes, course pre-requisites, co-requisites, and equivalencies for course substitutions for timely graduation.
- Define course coding, assign course codes, and maintain course coding records.
- Maintain program and course change history.
- Monitor and analyse the impact of change on student program graduate compliance.
- Compile and provide Institutional Effectiveness department with relevant data reports, including enrolment reports, registration reports each semester.
- Compile Student number statistics
- Compile and produce routine and ad hoc data and other statistical reports as needed or requested.
Oversee the production of the teaching schedule each semester.
- Assure accurate and secure student information and records management.
- Providing a secure environment for collecting, recording, maintaining, and reporting of student records as required.
- Define student records policy and procedures, and student data protection procedure.
- Define student consent procedure to the release of information.
- Student filing room key holder.
- Compile and publish the annual university catalog.
- Maintain the accuracy and currency of program and course information on the University website.
- Participate in regular and special staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Participate in professional development programs to remain current in the field.
- Represent the university in external meetings as requested.
- Attend University functions, especially orientation, commencement and other activities related to students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Education: Master’s degree in educational administration subject area or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience Office of the Registrar or in a related area.
- Significant experience with data management systems and use of technology to improve the efficiency of registry and admissions obligations.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of the university as wells as students and external entities.
- Ability to formulate and implement relevant policy.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills; Khmer a plus.
- Able to work with detail, be highly accurate, take initiative, meet deadlines and be confidential.
- Willingness to take on a flexible schedule as required (nights and weekends).
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Registrar] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh