Position: Recruitment Officer
Supervisor: Director of Admissions and Student Affairs
Summary: The Recruitment Officer (RO) is responsible for the recruitment efforts at the American University of Phnom Penh. These efforts include, but are not limited to, assisting the Director of Admissions and Student Affairs in maintaining partnerships with local and international high schools, planning recruitment events, and guiding students through the enrollment process.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Facilitate middle school and high school visits to discuss AUPP programs, admissions process, and establish rapport with prospective students.
- Assist in the development of outreach initiatives and events across the local and international communities.
- Assist in the development of parent college informational sessions.
- Provide information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents via phone, email, text and personal visits; follow up with email, text or phone call, as appropriate.
- Represent AUPP at various university and high school events, alumni conferences and other functions as requested by the Director.
- Maintain communication with Guidance Counselors/Principals at various High Schools within the provinces and feeder colleges and universities.
- Produce follow-up reports regarding activities in order to improve recruitment efforts while communicating findings with the Director and key offices such as Marketing, Registrar, and Finance.
- Provide support during registration, special events and tours.
- Assist with planning and hosting of the university-wide Open House in collaboration with the Operations, IT, President’s office.
- May serve as a resource to internal departments with recruitment training and new student enrollment process training via information sessions, committees, and professional development opportunities.
- May develop recruitment plans for academic programs; may promote and maintain awareness of programs and other student services.
- May act as liaison for the AUPP Consortium of schools to coordinate education fairs at local businesses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities, leadership, or education. Some college education combined with work experience will be considered.
- Experience working in an education environment working directly with students.
- Strong command of the English language. Knowledge of Khmer preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with, and respect young adults.
- Willing to work nights and weekends per outreach activities.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Recruitment Officer] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh