Public Relations Officer
Position: Public Relations Officer
Supervisor: Marketing Manager
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Public Relations Officer is a full-time position in the Marketing and Communications Office at AUPP. This position is responsible for coordinating comprehensive marketing and branding campaigns that will drive student enrollment and increase public awareness of the university. He/she will promote AUPP both externally and internally through publications, advertising and other marketing and communications efforts.
This position reports directly to the Marketing Manager. The primary job location is the Phnom Penh in Cambodia. Some travel within the city will be required, along with occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and branding initiatives for the college and high school.
- Coordinate the purchase and placement of advertising in print, broadcast and electronic media outlets. Negotiate and maintain all advertising/media contracts. Work with the Director of Communications to develop and administer the college’s marketing budget for maximum effectiveness.
- Work directly with campus departments and programs to create and implement marketing and communications plans for student recruitment, retention and persistence.
- Support, assist in and/or lead the production of marketing materials, including email campaigns, brochures, fliers, advertising copy, email content, video and radio scripts, etc.
- Administer customer relationship management (CRM) software to optimize ability to communicate with prospective students
- Determine need and develop engaging and audience-specific content for AUPP website on a regular basis. Utilize content management system (CMS) to update website as needed.
- Generate ideas and develop copy for various publications, including AUPP news blog and an employee newsletter.
- Utilize social media to creatively reach audiences with key messages and calls to action. Create content for the college’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Carefully edit own copy to ensure writing is succinct and appropriate for the participant audience.
- Conduct marketing research and assess marketing outcomes.
- Ensure articulation of the college’s desired image and position, and consistent communication of the brand, to the college’s internal and external constituencies.
- Represent AUPP as a member of appropriate boards and committees.
- Assist with administrative duties of the Communications and Marketing department as assigned.
AUPP offer a generous benefit package and salary commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
Required education, experience and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum two years of full-time work experience in a related position and/or field, such as marketing, media relations, communications and/or public relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a culturally competent manner to a variety of audiences, especially with diverse people and groups.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds, including racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation and socioeconomic, as well as those with physical and learning disabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent writing skills, to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Experience coordinating marketing efforts for an organization or company.
- Must be organized, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team to complete multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with marketing at an institution of higher education.
- Experience utilizing social media to creatively reach target audiences.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Knowledge of the Cambodia or International media and advertising market.
- Ability to gather and analyze data to track and assess marketing efforts.
- Experience with website content management systems, especially Drupal.
- Experience with email communication/delivery platforms, especially Constant Contact.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and devise unique marketing strategies that obtain proven, measurable results.
- Knowledge of advertising production and placement; experience negotiating media buys.
- Understanding of branding principles and experience enforcing brand standards.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
To be considered for this position, your application must include the following:
- A position-specific cover letter describing your experience relevant to the job description.
- Current resume detailing education and professional experience
- Three (3) professional references with knowledge of your experience as related to this position, including titles, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- One (1) professional writing sample (no more than 500 words) that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Public Relations Officer] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh