The President of the American University of Phnom Penh serves as the Chief Administrative Officer at the discretion of the Group President and Chief Executive Officer as well as Board of Trustees. The incumbent will execute directly or by delegation all administrative duties in connection with the operations of the university. The incumbent will also provide visionary, strategic, forward-thinking leadership, promote sustainable procedures, excellence in teaching, effective learning, and lifelong student success. Furthermore, the President will lead our campus community in successfully implementing our strategic long-term goals developed with Group President and Chief Executive Officer for the programs developed with key institutional partners.
AUPP is a private English language higher-education institution in Cambodia that offers a high-quality American-style education that is grounded in the culture of Cambodia. The university fosters socially responsible behavior, life-long learning, and strives for student excellence by producing critical thinkers, innovators, and ethical leaders who make significant contributions to the world.
- Serve as the institutional champion, building an effective and cohesive leadership team with a core commitment to academic excellence, student engagement, and student success.
- Sustain a highly qualified faculty and staff by providing a commitment to orientation, training, and information sharing so employees are better equipped to help and motivate students. Providing faculty and staff opportunities to grow, engage and develop their professional expertise.
- Cultivate cross-campus collaboration between faculty, staff, and students while facilitating a culture of continuous improvement within the University.
- Serve as a highly visible ambassador for the University to the external community; establish innovative partnerships; represent AUPP at functions.
- Work closely with partner universities to ensure a strong and active engagement with the universities and the successful implementation of programs and services.
- Utilize data to inspire innovation and changes for improving student outcomes and encourage a spirit of collegiality and demonstrate a talent for inspiring others to action.
- Stay abreast of the laws, regulations, and policies in Cambodia, particularly those impacting the University.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a talent for listening and forging consensus
- Ability to lead by example, using the highest levels of academic and personal integrity in all interactions, and requiring the same from all community members.
- Possess the ability to create strategic partnerships with businesses, other universities, and other related organizations.
- Ability to maintain calming demeanor and rationale in crisis or impassioned environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and problem-solve broad strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of professionals, students and parents, community members, and constituencies.
- Ability to lead, inspire, supervise, and evaluate personnel to meet university goals and objectives.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree
- An appropriate combination of academic and leadership experience, including a minimum of five years of leadership at the senior level.
- Familiarity with the American system of higher education
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of and experience in preparing for institutional and program accreditation.
- Evidenced track record in advocating and understanding the tenets for student success.
- Demonstrated evidence of creating a united cohesive team focused on teaching, learning, and student success.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP:
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcomes scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
AUPP is a state-of-the-art campus located in northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture but also its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in-between, AUPP provides a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the development of Cambodia.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
The application target date is April 20, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
- A cover letter identifying how you meet the requirements for the position and your minimum salary requirement.
- Curriculum Vitae, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage)
Please use the designation: “[President] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh