Marketing and Communications Director
Position: Marketing and Communications Director
Department: Marketing Department
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing and Communications Director will shape and advance the University’s communications and marketing strategy, message, and brand across local and global communications. The Marketing and Communications Director will work closely with an external firm in developing the University’s message and disseminating it.
The position will report directly to the President and will work closely with faculty, staff, and marketing team to ensure a comprehensive and coherent strategy through which the University message is disseminated.
The work of the Marketing and Communications Director will promote the work, prominence, and staff accomplishments of the AUPP staff and faculty through the media, thought leadership opportunities, website content, social media, live and virtual events, other digital platforms. This includes but is not limited to media relations, content development including press releases, blog posts, social media posts, the website, e-newsletters and the AUPP Podcast.
The Marketing and Communications Director will be responsible for assisting in the development of a marketing strategy for the AUPP brand and will develop, oversee, and conduct public presentations designed to promote the AUPP. The Marketing and Communications Director will be responsible for ensuring accurate representation of AUPP brand on the internet, including social media platforms which will include responsibility for budget development, implementation and fiscal approval of communications and media-related projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing vision, leadership, and counsel for the University’s communications, including articulating, and overseeing an integrated communications plan.
- Creating and overseeing the creation of original content across a variety of platforms, across current and emerging channels.
- Formulating and managing a comprehensive media relations strategy and program at the local and national levels encompassing print, television, and social media outlets.
- Overseeing budget, implementation and fiscal approval of communications and media-related projects
- Developing and managing agreements and contracts with external communications firms
- Engaging with key media outlets, both proactively and reactively, to generate high quality, high impact media coverage.
- Managing communications for events, live and virtual, including the student recruitment initiatives.
- Proactively identifying strategic communication opportunities with internal and external partners.
- Developing benchmark criteria to track and evaluate the effectiveness of the communications strategies on a regular basis.
- Developing and implementing a stakeholder communications strategy to share the University’s work with key stakeholders including but not limited university leadership, industry partners, and policymakers.
The AUPP Marketing and Communications Director must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related experience required developing and implementing complex and comprehensive communication or advocacy strategies.
- 5 years related experience preferred. Journalism experience is a plus.
- Holistic understanding of all aspects of communications, positioning and messaging, including industry best practices in both traditional and emerging media platforms and experience with state-of-the-art communications technology.
- Significant experience working with national media outlets and digital media channels.
- Demonstrated leadership experience designing and executing a strategic communications plan in a complex organization with varied priorities and stakeholders.
- Outstanding management and planning skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a decentralized environment.
- Excellent and nuanced writing ability and range.
- Strong interpersonal skills, persuasive presentation, and public speaking skills.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Marketing and Communications Director] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh