AUPP Technology Center, Managing Director
Position : Managing Director
AUPP Technology Center, provides startup companies with the resources to develop and grow their ventures. Critical resources provided include office space, mentorship, starting capital, legal guidance, Venture Capital (VC) network access, and market validation. AUPP Technology Center’s vision is to propel Cambodian startups onto the world stage with the ability to compete in the global marketplace. AUPP Technology Center is a subsidiary of AUPP Limited.
AUPP Technology Center is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Managing Director.
The Managing Director will set the vision and overall strategy from launch to scale; including defining long-term goals and go to market strategies. A key responsibility will be the development of strategic VC partnerships domestically, regionally and internationally to drive investment in Cambodian startups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set the vision and overall strategy from launch to scale; including defining long-term goals and go to market strategies
- Development of strategic VC partnerships domestically, regionally and internationally
- Serve as external spokesperson and public champion
- Manage the rate at which the company’s VC funds are used (burn rate), while simultaneously growing the business.
- Drive day-to-day execution and operations of the technology center and Center for Professional Development
- Build a high-performance mentorship program that provides strategic guidance to entrepreneurs in areas of sales, and market focus/opportunity, valuation, outside investment, strategic planning, operations, etc.
- Cultivate a high-performing, innovative, one-team culture
- Regularly report reports to Board of Directors and key stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities.
Desired Expertise and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA desirable.
- 8+ years of experience leading and scaling startups or business units
- 3+ years VC Experience desirable
- Experience building a new organization
- Business development skills
Salary negotiable depending on Education and Experience.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter identifying how you meet the requirements for position you are applying for along with your salary requirement
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Managing Director] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh