Human Resources Officer (HRO)
Position : Human Resources Officer (HRO)
Unit : Human Resources Office
Supervisor : Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Officer (HRO) assists the Human Resources Director in the discharge of her duties by performing standing tasks and specific tasks as assigned, related to whole range of the HR functions, such as recruitment, benefit management, compliance, professional development, performance evaluation and long-term HR strategic planning. Some of the core duties include:
- Support the recruitment process from announcement, through the selection process, to on-boarding and orientation.
- Assist the HR Director in labor and immigration compliance, and other compliance activities related to the institution’s HR functions.
- Assist the HR Director with benefit management tasks, professional development programs, and performance evaluation work as directed.
- Conduct practical research to aid HR office functions as needed, for instance, to help keep the office abreast of new regulations, develop new recruitment and retention approaches etc.
- Liaise with other units of the institution for collaborative processes, as may be directed from time to time by the HR Director.
- Produce tracking and status reports of the various HR processes and the institution’s HR performance as directed.
- Maintain physical and digital personnel file, under the supervision of the HR Director.
- File HR records and documents, transmit records to relevant units for processing and maintain HR records and documentations.
- Provide administrative support, such as meeting scheduling and translation, as needed.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Human Resources Director.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Law or related field. (Master’s degree preferred).
Experience: One year of experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Working proficiency of written Khmer
- Good organizational skills and time management
- Proficient use of basic computer software
- High adaptability and responsiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to confidentiality
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter identifying how you meet the requirements for position you are applying for along with your salary requirement
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[HRO] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh