Human Resources Assistant
Position: Human Resources Assistant
Supervisor: Assistant Human Resources Manager
The HR assistant will handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. He/She will provide information and clerical support to the HR department and employees regarding human resources activities, policies, processes and procedures.
- Assists with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to Human Resources team.
- Coordinates HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes.
- Monitors probationary process and advises supervisors of deadlines and reports when due.
- Facilitates procurement of visas, and enrollment of employees with the National Social Security Fund (NSSF).
- Maintains and updates monthly applicants monitoring sheet and statistics.
- Maintains and updates employees profile (name, DOB, educational qualification, passport number and expiration date, visa expiration date, emergency contact and medical profile.
- Maintains and updates the Faculty teaching course profile per semester/academic year.
- Files HR documents as they are submitted in hard and soft files.
- Participates in regular and special staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Attends university functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Major in Human Resources), Communications, Law, Psychology or related field.
- At least one (1) year of progressive involvement/leadership in human resources.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- Strong people skills, including coaching skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft environment, including excel and human resources information systems.
- Good judgment; strong work ethic; team player; confidential.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment with scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. Our remuneration scheme has attracted many experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various other global regions. Our students’ growth is our main motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything between, AUPP will provide a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia. Furthermore, AUPP offers a competitive benefits package which includes round-trip airfare (conditions apply), a free visa, free work permit, and a subsidized international healthcare plan.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
We would appreciate it if you could use the designation: “[Human Resources Assistant] – Applicant Full Name” in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Inquiries can be directed to the email provided.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh