HR Compliance Officer
Position: HR Compliance Officer
Supervisor: Human Resources Director
Description: The HR Compliance Officer is responsible for all compliance activities and assigned reporting duties related to the functions of all Business Units under AUPP Co., Ltd. The Compliance Officer is also responsible for overseeing and administering internal procedures and providing broader HR support as assigned by the Director.
- Be responsible for preparing the necessary paperwork and for the accuracy of information, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and proper documentation of all documentation, reporting, and permits acquisition, and other compliance activities under the employment law and regulations of Cambodia.
- Ensure correct calculation and provision of all contractual, statutory, and regulatory benefits for all employees in the entire employment life cycle (from recruitment to separation).
- Coordinate with the relevant division to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations related to the National Social Security Framework.
- Assist employees, as appropriate, in their use of the NSSF benefits.
- Provide assistance from the enterprise’s side necessary to permit foreign employees/prospective employees’ passage into Cambodia.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective extension of foreign employee’s visas.
- Prepare for relevant inspections.
- Keep abreast of all changes in the laws, regulations, and standard practices related to employment, social security benefits, immigration, and other HR related compliance areas.
- Be responsible for new employee background check.
- Produce accurate HR statistics for reporting duties to relevant units of the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports.
- Produce accurate HR statistics and reports to support various Business Units’ accreditation, certification, and other institutional qualification activities.
- Ensure proper records are kept in the personnel files and the HR Office’s file to comply with record-keeping obligations under laws and regulations and the terms and conditions related to accreditation, certification, and other institutional qualification schemes.
- Produce draft contract and contract amendments for the Director’s review and approval.
- Assist the Director to ensure adherence to the Human Resources Manual, relevant institutional policies, and other rules in compliance with contractual terms and existing laws and regulations (e.g., in probation evaluation, promotion, disciplinary action)
- Propose, administer, and document continual improvement to streamline all law-based and standard-based compliance activities aimed at improving accuracy, time-effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness of compliance and at supporting institutional development.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Law, HR Management, Business, Management or related fields.
- Professional proficiencies in spoken and written Khmer and English.
- High computer literacy for document processing, fundamental quantitative processing, and data visualization skills; for effective record maintenance; and for all other tasks related to the position.
Experience and Other Traits
- Previous experience in labor compliance activities is generally preferred and is required if the candidate has no prior legal training.
- Uphold a high standard of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Has meticulous attention to details and can deliver results timely with high accuracy.
- Has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Can work effectively independently and as a team.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[HR Compliance Officer] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh