High School Teacher (Multiple Disciplines)
The international high school of the American University of Phnom Penh is affiliated with Foxcroft Academy, of Dover-Foxcroft, Maine USA. Graduates of the AUPP High School program will receive an American high school diploma issued by Foxcroft Academy.
We are forming a highly supportive teaching and learning community for our students and their families comprised of highly qualified and experienced international and Khmer teachers and administrators.
– At least five (5) years high school or university teaching experience, preferably at an international school or in the United States of America
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s or higher preferred
– English proficiency at professional/native speaker level
– Academic qualification in the discipline(s) to be taught
– Professional class room management and instructional skills
– Documented subject matter knowledge
– Maintain appropriate discipline and enforce school rulesand regulations
– Assign and assess homework
– Be prepared to teach students with diverse backgrounds and abilities
– Communicate with parents/guardians regarding student progress
– Collaborate with faculty and administrative colleagues
– Build relationships with advisees
– Have an understanding of standards-based curriculum and assessments
– Timely complete other assigned tasks and duties including moderating student clubs
– Attend faculty and other meetings
– Participate in school functions
– Familiarity and proficiency with learning technology
– Willingness to be a team player and support the mission of the school
* Salary is competitive
* Applicants are encouraged to send curriculum vitaes to [email protected]
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[High School] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh