Full Time Faculty Chair for Business Department
Position: Full Time Faculty Chair for Business Department
Reports to: The Associate Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs
We are open to applicants from any business-related field within the department, but the applicant should be aware the department chair position is a full-time, 12-month position with a usual course load of 5 courses per academic year.
The appointment begins soon as success candidate is identified. Candidates must have a terminal degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, or a closely related field. While specialization is open, ideal candidates will have knowledge of different fields within the department. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
We seek an individual with demonstrated evidence of:
- Academic administrative experience,
- Strengths in undergraduate and graduate teaching, including online teaching,
- Excellence in scholarship and research as evidenced by a strong record of peer-reviewed publications,
- A commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion, and
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with diverse audiences.
Individuals meeting these requirements and with practical field experience promoting entrepreneurial activity and/or in one of the disciplines in the department are especially encouraged to apply.
The Faculty chair’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating and implementing university policies to the department, and advocating for departmental needs to the campus community,
- Fostering and maintaining collaborative relationships with external entities,
- Encouraging and supporting good teaching, scholarly activity, and professional development within the department,
- Planning and executing a strategic direction for the department, building, and staffing the schedule of classes, overseeing the department budget and other resources, fostering team building, managing the department and its staff, and working with diverse faculty and students in the department and across campus to enhance interdisciplinary collaboration,
- Working with the faculty to develop and review standards, curricula, and procedures, which provide adequate preparation of graduates for professional or further academic endeavor, and
- Leading student recruitment and retention efforts and ensuring department majors are appropriately advised.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment with scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. Our remuneration scheme has attracted many experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various other global regions. Our students’ growth is our main motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything between, AUPP will provide a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia. Furthermore, AUPP offers a competitive benefits package which includes round-trip airfare (conditions apply), a free visa, free work permit, and a subsidized international healthcare plan.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter indicating qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement on leadership philosophy
- Statement on teaching and research philosophy
- Graduate transcripts (official transcript will be needed at time of hire)
- Contact information for at least three professional references (will be contacted for final candidates only)
We would appreciate it if you could use the designation: “[Faculty Chair] – Applicant Full Name” in the subject line.
Screening of applications will begin as received with priority given to applications received by November 30,2022. While the position will remain open until filled, AUPP reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Inquiries can be directed to the email provided.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh