Director of Student Affairs
The American University of Phnom Penh wishes to invite applications for the position of Director of Student Affairs. The position reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and is responsible for developing and overseeing the student life program at the university and assuring a student-centered environment.
Core Job Functions
- Some of the position’s core functions include the following:
- To develop and implement a student life program that interfaces with the academic programs, while including a focus on leadership, career development, communications, volunteerism, and identity development
- To develop and oversee student clubs, the Student Government, and participation of students in special events
- To assist students in finding internships
- To develop, implement, and oversee student regulations
- To develop and implement student support initiatives, related services and student affairs policy and regulations
- To handle student grievances within the position’s scope of work and report students’ disciplinary issues to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
- To organize and implement new student orientation
- To serve as university advocate and ombudsperson for students.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome educators from Cambodia and overseas. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young professional seeking to build your career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and relevant experience and a list of two references.
- Scan of your current passport information page.
- Scan of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[DSA] – Full Name” in the subject line.