Director of Human Resources
The American University of Phnom Penh is pleased to invite applications for the position of Director of Human Resources. The position reports to the President and is responsible for strategic planning and management of human resources to support the university’s development, while ensuring a healthy and productive work environment.
Some of the Director’s duties include:
- Developing human resources policies, processes and metrics to support achievement of institutional goals
- Coordinating faculty and staff recruitment, formalizing offers and hires, and monitoring probationary processes
- Ensuring payroll accuracy and proper administration of benefits
- Developing and implementing faculty and staff retention strategies
- Ensuring labor and immigration compliance, and partaking in higher-ed compliance, accreditation, and quality assurance activities
- Proposing and coordinating the implementation of training and development programs
- Assessing benefit trends, reviewing salary structures and benefit programs, and making recommendations
- Maintaining personnel files and human resources records and producing reports as needed and requested
- Maintaining good employee relations and administering grievance and disciplinary procedures
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia. Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly from three undergraduate programs to providing undergraduate programs in Architecture, Business, Civil Engineering, IT Management, Global Affairs, Law, and Tourism and Hospitality Management; plus a Master’s in Business Administration.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcomes higher-ed professionals from Cambodia and overseas. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top young scholars of their generation. Their growth is our motivation.
AUPP occupies a brand-new state-of-the-art campus located in northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University. Aspiring to be an exemplary institution for higher education in Cambodia, AUPP focuses on continuous improvement and wishes to call on higher-ed professionals who share its vision to come on board and contribute to Cambodia’s human resources development.
Please send your resume and cover letter, completed with a copy of your passport information page and relevant degree certificates and/or transcript to [email protected]. Please use the designation “[HR Director] – Full Name” in the subject line.
American University of Phnom Penh