Digital Content Officer
Position: Digital Content Officer
Report to: Marketing & Communications Director
The Web Content Officer is responsible for web content creation, editing and management, and for developing and maintaining the online presence of the institution on its website, intranet, and partner websites. The post holder will also assist in social media content creation and management and in offline content creation and editing.
The Web Content Officer will work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to develop the University’s digital strategy and engage users through compelling digital content that communicates our core mission and vision. Utilizing excellent written English communication skills, and experience in both content editing and web development, the Web Content Officer will develop a strong understanding of Academic Services to ensure online content is fresh, accurate, engaging and best meets the needs of students.
- Help to create, implement, develop, and monitor the American University of Phnom Penh online brand strategies, with specific attention to the brand websites.
- Contribute to the messaging and other marketing and communications plans, enhancing the online presence and overall brand awareness to advance the University’s mission vision.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager and Group Director on the strategic development and implementation of the University’s online and digital presence, to provide a consistent and compelling message.
- Create, coordinate, and deliver the creative content (words, images, video) and functionality of the website and intranet, and microsites, including design, copywriting, and content, within the brand guidelines of the University.
- Proactively ensure website copy is current and up-do date and manage the web updating process by guiding and assisting content contributions from editors and by preparing and writing copy for web pages,
- Coordinate with Faculty and Administration colleagues to develop appropriate web content to promote University activities and programs.
- Work with the Marketing team and IT Department, to help develop and evaluate a high-quality website user experience.
- Help maintain and create content for blogs, news, video, and social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Marketing and Communications or their nominee. These duties are a guide to the work that the post holder will initially be required to undertake. They may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances and do not form part of the contract of employment.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Psychology, Mass Communications, Sociology, Political Science, English or other a related field
- Excellent people skills: ability to work with various constituent groups and in a multi-cultural environment
- Skills, knowledge and experience in design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations materials
- Experience in making presentations and working with media.
- Strong technical skills in computer literacy, including digital media content and content marketing
- Able to work under tight and competing deadlines, manage projects simultaneously, work independently but being a good team member
- Creative and analytical, and understand markets and “best” communications strategies for promoting the university
- Country and regional travel may be required
- Must be fluent in English and Khmer
Experience and Other Traits
- Some experience in of marketing, communications and public relations, a portfolio showing marketing skills desired but not required.
- Uphold a high standard of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Has meticulous attention to details and can deliver results timely with high accuracy.
- Has strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Can work effectively independently and as a team.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Digital Content Officer] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh