Deputy IT Director
Position: Deputy IT Director
Reports to: IT Director
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Job Role is to be overall responsible for assisting the IT director in managing the IT function of AUPP. It includes identifying, planning, implementing, and managing all IT initiatives relating to IT Infrastructure, Operations, Application Systems, and Security, enabling the business to achieve its overall objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide necessary assistance to the IT director to define key IT strategies and priorities with its action plans to meet the short- and long-term objectives of the university
- Develop and maintain a service-centric IT function that contributes to the strategic business direction and operational efficiencies. This should include IT budgeting, expense, and resource management initiatives to influence innovations.
- Establish a strong relationship with the industry, key vendors, suppliers, and subject matter experts to provide technical and management domain support
- Establish an effective IT team with high-performance level, staff retention, succession, and business continuity planning to deliver uninterrupted service levels.
Financial and Non Financial Measures:
- This position entails the IT budget ownership and financial controls under the direct supervision of the IT director.
- The functional role is expected to deliver IT projects and service initiatives as per its pre-agreed objectives and timelines. Display of strong general management skills is expected in delivering performance to the expected levels.
Communication Requirements Internal, External
Maintenance of close liaison and effective communication with internal as well as external stakeholders are expected. In this regard, exercising a high level of professional approach and appropriate conduct by strict adherence to the policies, procedures, and governance framework is expected.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate level education in IT.
- Professional training, diploma, or certification in ICT field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in related field and in a management level.
- Exposure in managing IT operational, infrastructure, application development and information security-related functions is mandatory.
- Experience working in an educational institution is an advantage.
- Experience in the conversion of accounting/financial management software is an advantage
- Ability to prepare documentation for evaluation and recommendation for management approval.
- Experience in system development (coding) is an advantage
- Experience working in the AGILE development environment
- Experience using and configuring Windows Server, Linux OS including Active Directory, Group Policies, Linux security, Linux command line, Cloud technology /security, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Khmer.
- Should be IT Savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Good listening, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Possess personal traits: Initiative; self-driver, team player, detailed and meticulous with strong project management
- Strong analytical skills
Reporting Structure and Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities:
This Job Role is directly reporting to the IT director. Other IT functional staff will be reporting to this functional role as defined in the Organization Structure.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Deputy IT Director] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh