Dean, College of Science, Digital Technology, and Engineering
Position: Dean, College of Science, Digital Technology, and Engineering
Department: Academic Affairs
Supervisor: Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
Position Summary: Responsible for providing divisional leadership that supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the University and Academic Affairs. Responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, evaluation and management of the College’s instructional programs, services, budget, and employees of the instructional disciplines/programs in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Engineering. Provides leadership in curriculum development and maintenance, academic assessment, strategic planning and budgeting; employs enrollment management and retention strategies to support student success of a dynamic and diverse student population, and program health; and fosters collaborative working relationships with faculty and staff within the school and among internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides strategic, collaborative, innovative leadership and oversight of departmental plans relating to academic programs, curriculum, scheduling and learning environments to assure institutional effectiveness and efficiencies, respond to student needs, and meet accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that College’s plans align with and support the University’s mission, vision, strategic initiatives, and the Academic Affairs goals.
- Provides leadership, supervision and guidance to faculty and staff within the school; supports full-time faculty through the onboarding, tenure, and promotion processes; provides ongoing support for all faculty throughout their careers.
- Provides leadership and oversight of programs and curriculum, instructional delivery across all modalities, and academic assessment activities.
- Fosters the development of Areas of Study within the school to support Guided Pathways and student success. Enhances non-credit to credit educational pathways for students.
- Supports enrollment management and marketing strategies to enhance program health, recognition, and growth. Models and maintains high performance professional standards and expectations.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively participates on and/or leads various University committees, meetings, and workgroups.
- Responds to faculty, staff, and student concerns in a timely manner, maintaining integrity and appropriate confidentiality throughout the process.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with business and industry partners, agencies, community organizations and/or education institutions.
- Actively participates in professional development relevant to higher education and their disciplinary field.
- Demonstrates and models the University’s competencies: teamwork, initiative, development/supervision of staff, customer service, and continuous professional development and growth. Implements special responsibilities, as assigned by the supervisor.
Education: Master’s degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution in a field related to an academic area within the School of STEM. Doctoral degree preferred.
Requires a minimum of three to five years of post-secondary teaching experience in a field related to the College; Requires a minimum three years of progressive academic administrative experience in a post-secondary institution.
Preference for more than four years of progressive academic administrative experience. Experience teaching or managing delivery of online courses.
Demonstrated experience required: Supervise, manage, evaluate, and develop faculty; budget development and management; enrollment management, curriculum/program development and assessment; build and foster collaborative community/workforce education partnerships.
Experience working and supporting a diverse student and faculty/staff population.
An ability to demonstrate inclusive pedagogical approaches to classroom instruction encouraged. Experience with dual degree programs.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of current concepts in the instructional programs of all disciplines under supervision; ability to function effectively as a member of an instructional team.
Effective work with small groups; ability to develop programs.
Ability to adapt to differences and changes in program, colleague, student, and community characteristics.
Strong desire and ability to make decisions based on an orientation to people that serves the clientele of the College and ability to work with and relate to community constituencies.
Demonstrated emotional intelligence and interpersonal relations
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Dean] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh