Career and Alumni Relations Coordinator
Position: Career and Alumni Relations Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Admissions & Student Affairs
Description: The CARC is responsible for establishing rapport with local and international companies and educational institutions to advise on internship and career opportunities, academic and professional development, internship placements, as well as engage alumni in opportunities alike. This role combines one-on-one advising and group activities for current and former AUPP students. In addition, the CARC will coordinate the Student Employment Program allowing current students to develop soft and hard skills while assisting various AUPP departments.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Coordinate internship experiences for students working with faculty, students, and internship providers administering necessary resources for career development of all students in all majors.
- Research, identify, recruit, engage, and sustain opportunities for students’ internships and postgraduate job placements.
- Manage student employment program including finding placement opportunities, identifying students’ ability to fit in and support the departments’ mission, and be the point of contact for all departments in need of student employees.
- Conduct one-on-one career advising with students including assessment of interests, values, and skills, discuss internship placement, and post-graduate career planning.
- Collaborate with faculty on identifying major-specific internship and career opportunities.
- Develop and implement internship and career-related workshops, programs, fairs, etc..
- Maintain career-related resources for students and faculty via the SharePoint engagement portal.
- Develop and implement policies related to the role’s responsibilities with key stakeholders, forms, and publications as needed.
- Develop and execute assessment of programming used for its further evaluation and improvement.
- Address the needs of high school students as they relate to transitioning into college in collaboration with AUPP’s admissions department.
- Stay current on job trends, job search techniques, and provide input on new program development that aligns with trending opportunities.
- Attend local networking events with companies and associations to represent AUPP and build upon the network of recruiters and opportunities for AUPP students.
- Serve on campus committees as appropriate and represent the college to off-campus groups, businesses, and agencies.
- Participate and represent the University at University-led events on- and off-campus as needed.
- Collaborate closely with the AUPP Technology Center to ensure growth in engagement and support its initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain alumni programming with the support of the Director of Admissions & Student Affairs; this includes the following: maintaining of the alumni database; regular communication with alumni through email, phone, and newsletter; implement alumni engagement and networking activities; create a bridge between alumni and current students.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a higher education environment while working directly with students. Experience working in a career advisor role preferred.
- Strong command of the English language. Knowledge of Khmer preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with, and respect young adults.
- Familiarity with Office 365 applications (Outlook, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Forms, and Power Automate) will be considered a plus.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded using the supportive guidance and initiative of experienced American educators. Our founders aspire to provide high-quality education to every student in Cambodia and across the Asian region from its operation within the cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
In 2021, AUPP has continued its rapid growth. There are now seven undergraduate programs, and an MBA program. We are also proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited international degrees through our dual-degree programs enabled by the generous efforts of our partner institutions: the University of Arizona, and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment with scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. Our remuneration scheme has attracted many experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various other global regions. Our students’ growth is our main motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything between, AUPP will provide a supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia. Furthermore, AUPP offers a competitive benefits package which includes round-trip airfare (conditions apply), a free visa, free work permit, and a subsidized international healthcare plan.
More about AUPP at www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[CARC] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh