Position: Assistant Registrar
Department: Office of the Registrar
Job Summary: As a key member of the Registrar’s Office, you will support many vital administrative and system functions, as well as serving as the primary point of contact for many internal and external members of the AUPP community. In carrying out the responsibilities of this position, you will be interacting with administrators, faculty, staff, and students across the university on a regular basis. The right individual for this role will have a growth mindset, be open to new projects, be comfortable working with complex student information systems and analyzing data sets. Be comfortable working independently, as well as being part of a team. They must believe passionately in the power of education to create lives of purpose and fulfillment for our students.
- Managing daily operations of the Office, providing timely service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
- Overseeing registry functions including coordination of class and exam scheduling, course registration, room allocation, graduation honors, grade submission, grade reporting, recording and dissemination of grades to students in a timely order.
- Managing the Office’s requests for SIS changes and developing technical specifications.
- Monitoring probation, dismissal, and other academic discipline offenses/sanctions.
- Preparing drafts Registrar Office publications including the Academic Calendar, Registrar Calendar, and the University Catalog.
- Maintaining program changes, course pre-requisites, co-requisites, and equivalencies data, and change history.
- Collaborating with all academic and non-academic structural units to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalog and registration/records policy questions.
- Compiling student number statistics and program reports, including enrolment reports, registration reports, student census reports, Ministry data reports, ad hoc data reports, and any other reports as assigned.
- Monitor the AUPP website, Faculty Portal, and Student Portal for accuracy of content relating to registry information, including preparing and posting Registry announcements on the Portals and website.
- Performing duties of the Registrar when Registrar is out of the office.
Program and Courses:
- Assist in maintaining program and course program matrix changes, course pre-requisites, co-requisites, and equivalencies data, and change history.
- Assist in compiling student number statistics and program reports, including enrollment reports, registration reports, student census reports, Ministry data reports, ad hoc data reports, and any other reports as assigned.
- Oversee all phases of creating course schedules and assignment of courses to instructional space, including wait list management
- Leading the resolution of complex problems, which often requires analysis of unique issues and/or adapting nontraditional approaches.
Student Records Integrity:
- Ensure accurate and secure student information and records management.
- Maintain student classification definition by credit load (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) and act as the designated student filing room key holder.
- Participate in regular and special staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Participate in professional development programs to remain current in the field.
- Represent the university in external meetings as requested.
- Attend University functions, especially orientation, convocation, graduation, and other activities related to students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or educational administration or similar field and minimum of two years’ experience in scheduling, reservations or even management in higher education or working in a Registrar office.
- Knowledge of USA education system
- High-level expertise in Microsoft Office 365 Suite, especially Excel (pivot tables and v-lookups).
- Positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to changes.
- Master’s Degree and at least one year in a supervisory or lead capacity, preferably within the Higher Education or Education sector.
- Ability to work with complex data systems and create a vision and plan for future development.
- Ability to organize, parse and analyze data sets.
- Enables teamwork, collaboration and information sharing to foster a customer-oriented environment, including establishing and maintaining effective relationships with students, staff and faculty, including working with diverse cultures, individually and in a group.
- Ability to follow direction, experience in processing documentation and excellent written and spoken English skills, Khmer a plus.
- Able to work with detail, be highly accurate, take initiative, meet deadlines and be confidential.
- Willingness to take on a flexible schedule as required based on workload could be (evenings and weekends).
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Assistant Registrar] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Human Resources Officer
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh