Application Support Specialist
Position: Application Support Specialist
Reports to: Application Architect Manager
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- To attend to business analysis related functions within IT which acts as an intermediary function between the Business Users and the system developer.
- To support the management in carrying out research, analytics and business justifications relating to the solution evaluation and decision-making process.
- To coordinate and follow-up the work in progress with solution providers/developer, solution deliveries as per the agreed expectations of the business users.
- Coordinate the UAT processes with business users as well as solution/service providers towards timely implementation and systems go-live
- Assist line manager in the process of designing, building, and implementing applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Play a coordinating role and maintenance of close communication with the stakeholders for completion of documentation relating to business requirement capturing and system designing specifications with required verifications and sign-off. (User Requirements Document and System Functional Specification)
- Provide necessary support to the Users as well as Solution Providers/developer to transform User Requirements to Systems Functional Specification.
- Support the solution evaluation process execution with business justifications and recommendations for management approval.
- Liaise with the stakeholders to effectively carryout the UAT process and solution implementations to achieve pre-agreed timelines.
- Work with Business Users to ensure preparation and validations of UAT plans including the Test Scripts as per the signed off URSs/ SFSs.
- Provide application support for production system
- Design and develop application inhouse to support operations of University
Communication Requirements Internal
Maintenance of close communication among all stakeholders is a mandatory requirement of the job. It spans across 1-to-1, 1-to-many as well as many-to-many basis and could involve external and external parties.
Communication Requirements External
While the preferred mode of communication would be via emails, the other mediums such as verbal, hardcopy based, presentation based etc. would be applicable irrespective of using digital or non-digital media.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate level education in IT or similar fields.
- Professional training, diploma or certification in system development
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar functional environment with responsibilities
- Evaluation of IT solutions involving close interaction with business Users and Solution providers/developer
- Working knowledge of modern development patterns including Agile
- Ability to prepare documentation for evaluation and recommendation for management approval
- Experience working with Laravel, nodeJS and Reactjs
- Experience working in AGILE development environment
- Experience using NoSQL, mySQL, and MSQL is a plus
- Experience using Linux operating system
- User Requirements gathering
- Technical Writing /User Manual
- End user training and Presentation
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Khmer.
- Should be IT Savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Good listening, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex ideas to user with limited IT and systems knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess personal traits: Initiative; self-driver, team player, detailed and meticulous
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Application Support Specialist] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh