Application Integration Specialist
Position: Application Integration Specialist
Department: IT Department
Reports to: Application Architect Manager
Work Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Application Integration Staff is responsible in ensuring process between systems within University technological ecosystem simultaneously integrated, transforming repetitive task into a schedulable or automatable task. Analyze, define system and process bottleneck and able to provide solution to the proposed problem.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administrator and develop the University API endpoint.
- Ensure the security and integrity of University API endpoint, and make sure application tokens, API keys are well managed and regular changes.
- Automate applications backup and ensure its data integrity and usability.
- Develop and administering part of Universities’ Student Information System.
- Keep a track on integration projects and ensure that they meet business requirements and goals
- Identify and resolve the system issues
- Making recommendation of the integration products and services by carrying out proper research
- Develop and maintenance system automation script and feature connected to internal and external server.
- Work with the cross function within IT department, and business owners to lead in the integration testing phase
- Checking for any issues with the operation of the new applications with the existing system software and applications
- Improve the business process by integration
- Minimizing the impact of integration on various existing processes
- Technical writing, flow charts, end user manual and system processes
- Evaluating the results of the integration projects and preparing reports for management
Communication Requirements Internal
Maintenance of close communication among all stakeholders is a mandatory requirement of the job. It spans across 1-to-1, 1-to-many as well as many-to-many basis and could involve external and external parties.
Communication Requirements External
While the preferred mode of communication would be via emails, the other mediums such as verbal, hardcopy based, presentation based etc. would be applicable irrespective of using digital or non-digital media.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate level education in IT or similar fields.
- Professional training, diploma or certification in system development
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar functional environment with responsibilities
- Broad experience working with complex operational systems
- Working knowledge of modern development patterns including Agile
- Ability to prepare documentation for evaluation and recommendation for management approval
- Experience working with Nginx and apache
- Experience working with Laravel, nodeJS and Reactjs
- Experience working in AGILE development environment
- Experience using NoSQL, mySQL, and MSQL is a plus
- Experience using Linux operating system
- Technical Writing /User Manual
- Experience working on integration technologies including web services and message queuing for example RESTFul web services, MQSeries, WSO2 ESB etc.
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Khmer.
- Should be IT Savvy with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Good listening, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Possess personal traits: Initiative; self-driver, team player, detailed and meticulous
- Strong analytical skills
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Application Integration Specialist] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh