Position: Application Developer
Department: IT Department
Supervisor: IT Director
The post holder is responsible for coding, modifying, maintenance, and documentation of AUPP Administration and Student Information System (the system) with additional responsibility for producing reports, for the program and course data entries and their attributes into the system
- A good command of the English language, both reading and speaking.
- Must have a strong understanding of SQL relational databases.
- Must have a strong understanding of UI and UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Maintaining the integrity of the data in the system to ensure effective registration and degree compliance audit processing.
- Performing regular data integrity audits and cleanups as required.
- Developing and maintaining documentation for the system.
- Designing and developing reports to serve the needs of management, and reports for Ministry compliance as required
- Analyze requests for statistical and other reports and work with the requestor to meet the requestor’s needs, including writing report specifications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven working experience as a web developer and data analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Have knowledge about Bitbucket or Git
- Experience with mobile application development is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience working with PHP Laravel and MySQL
- Have knowledge about software development life cycle (SDLC)
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[App Developer] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh