Position: Admissions Officer
Supervisor: Senior Admissions Coordinator (SAC)
Description: The Admissions Officer (AO) is responsible for the efforts to successfully process admissions applications and assist prospective students through to enrollment. The AO will collaborate with multiple departments on campus to ensure office goals are met.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Review admissions applications in order received for accuracy and completion.
- Prepare and propose student admissions offers to direct supervisor and Director of Admissions.
- Assist students (parents) through all aspects of the admissions process including the collection, evaluation and distribution of documents and information related to their admissions file.
- Maintain telephone and electronic contact and initiate correspondence with prospective students, including appropriate and consistent follow-up.
- Assist new students with the enrollment process while collaborating with key offices such as the Registrar and Finance.
- Assist new students with the enrollment process including advising, placement testing administration, registration, and processing payments.
- Maintain communication with Guidance Counselors/Principals at various High Schools within the provinces and feeder colleges and universities.
- Monitor and respond to email inquiries (including but not limited to the admissions process and scholarship inquiries) using the official admissions email in the absence of SAC.
- Create and maintain student files in both printed and electronic forms.
- Assist in planning and proctoring testing such as Accuplacer and English Placement tests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. Some college education combined with work experience will be considered.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Strong command of the English language and public speaking to communicate effectively with prospective students and parents.
- Be able to work independently, producing expected outputs under time pressure and to deadlines, using initiative to find information as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with young adults.
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Admissions Officer] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh