Position: Accounting Supervisor
Supervisor: Finance Manager
The Accounting Supervisor will be central contact point of contact for day to day operations of Finance which includes the responsibility for creating, recording, and analysing financial data for assigned general ledger accounts involving the application of basic accounting principles. Responsible for calculating, posting and verification of financial data. Maintains College accounts.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for:
- Ensuring the accuracy and processing of tuition invoices, supporting documents, ensuring that invoices processed timely.
- Coordinate the processing of student tuition invoice and issue student receipts from the student information systems.
- Recognizing revenue based on the revenue recognition principles
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of other AR related accounts (e.g., Student Loan, Deferred Payment plan)
- Maintains the monthly analysis of all general ledger accounts relating to tuition revenue, accounts receivable, and sales tax
- Develops policies, procedures and work instructions for review and approval of the Finance Manager and recommends modifications to existing corporate policies and procedures as they relate to accounts receivables.
- Managing collections and balances outstanding and reconciles sub-ledger account to the ledger. process and evaluates effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Updates receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily cash receipt, cash sale, and bank remittance transactions.
- Updating student parameter (student tuition fee scheme) and cross check with the student invoice properly and timely manner
- Reviews and allocates Professional Development funds in accordance to university guidelines.
- Prepares account analysis, analyse general ledger accounts and reconciles account balances for accounts, contacting departments as needed.
- Record daily tuition invoices into the accounting system.
- Prepares analysis of assigned accounts and performs back up for other staff duties.
- Creates and adheres to month end close for reporting of monthly accounting data to management.
- Updates capital asset accounting quarterly.
- Reviews and prepares data for annual financial audit.
- Maintains, records, and analyses financial data for assigned general ledger accounts, periodically prepares reconciliations, and prepares both routine and ad hoc reports.
- Prepares and posts journal entries to transfer funds or make corrections.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in accounting, account receivables
- Knowledge of local accounting, auditing, & taxation standards
- Understanding of English language
- Experienced user of MS Office suite (Particularly EXCEL) and QuickBooks
- Excellent morality & professionalism
- Very good interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail
- Results oriented team player
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Experience in conversion to QuickBooks from other accounting software, particularly Xero.
- Experience supervising Accounting Assistants.
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Accounting Supervisor] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh