Position: Accounting Assistant
Supervisor: Accounting Supervisor
Description: The Accounting Assistant
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for:
- Ensure data entry is accurate for the processing of tuition invoices, appropriate supporting documents, ensuring that invoices completed timely.
- Process student tuition invoice and issue student receipts from the student information systems.
- Recognize revenue based on the revenue recognition principles
- Update students’ and customer credit activities.
- Enter daily reconciliation of other Accounts Receivable related accounts (Student Loan, Deferred Payment plan)
- Update account receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily cash receipt, cash sale, and bank remittance transactions.
- Updating student parameter (student tuition fee scheme) and cross check with the student invoice properly and timely manner
- Record a daily tuition invoices into the accounting system.
- Scan and appropriately file all current accounting documentation as well as archive previous documentation as advised.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience in accounting, account receivables and bookkeeping
- Knowledge of local accounting, auditing, & taxation standards
- Proficient computer literacy (MS Office), QuickBooks
- Excellent morality & professionalism
- Very good interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail
- Results oriented team player that made sound judgment
The American University of Phnom Penh is a private university with a non-profit mission, founded upon local initiative with the guidance and support of experienced U.S. educators. Our Founders aspire to provide high-quality education to students in Cambodia and from across the region right here in the historical and cultural heart of Southeast Asia.
Since 2013, AUPP has grown rapidly, from providing only three undergraduate programs to providing seven undergraduate programs in fields ranging from Law and Business to Civil Engineering and IT Management, and an MBA program. We are proud to be the only university in Cambodia to provide accredited U.S. degrees via the dual-degree programs with partner U.S. institutions, including the University of Arizona and Fort Hays State University.
Working at AUPP
AUPP offers a unique working environment and welcome scholars from Cambodia and overseas alike. We have attracted experienced faculty and staff members from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and various European countries and countries in the region. Our students are among the top in their generations; their growth is our motivation.
In 2017, we moved into our new state-of-the-art campus located in the northern Phnom Penh, the robust capital of Cambodia. The city, as well as Cambodia in general, is not only known for its rich history and culture, but also for its friendly people.
Whether you are a young scholar seeking to build your academic career, a veteran educator looking for ways to contribute, or anything in between, AUPP provides a comfortable and supportive environment where you can succeed while contributing to the human resources development of Cambodia and the region.
More about AUPP at https://www.aupp.edu.kh
To apply, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources Office via [email protected]:
- Cover letter.
- CV, including a clear highlight of current occupation and a list of three references.
- Copy of your national ID card or current passport information page.
- Copy of the highest and/or most relevant degree(s) and the corresponding transcripts. (Unofficial transcripts suffice for this stage.)
Please use the designation: “[Accounting Assistant] – Full Name” in the subject line.
Office of Human Resources
American University of Phnom Penh