The Library and the adjoining Computer Laboratory are quiet areas for study and research, and are for the use of AUPP students and faculty. Please be respectful and courteous of others during your own use of these facilities.
In order to make the experience pleasant and productive for Library and Computer Lab users, and to protect its books and equipment, the Library and Computer Lab have instituted the following rules:
- Please eat your meals and snacks and drink your beverages outside of the Library and Computer Lab.
- Use quiet, whisper tone voices when conversing in the Library and Computer Lab with others.
- Cell phones and beepers should be turned off and your phone conversations should occur outside the Library and Computer Lab rooms.
- The sound on laptops and other electronic devices should be turned down.
- Take valuables with you if you move from your study or meeting area. Do not leave valuables unattended, even for a few minutes. Thefts could occur every now and then which is not preventable.
- Use the Library and Computer Lab with clean hands.
- Avoid banging the mouse or on the keyboard when using the Computer Lab.
- Please leave the Computer Lab equipment and cables in place.
- Avoid disruptive behavior.
- Maintain the Computer Lab equipment and cables in place.
- Avoid illegal copying of any materials.
- The Library and Computer Lab are for the use of university faculty, administrators, and students only and are not open to the general public.
- University technology policy prohibits the display, viewing or use of pornographic materials on the campus.
- Avoid locking any university computer.
- Save all your work to removable media or your Z: drive. Do NOT save work to the local (C:) hard drive.
- Do NOT make changes to the computers or installed software. This includes changes to the desktop, icons, and taskbar.
- Users not working on homework assignments may be asked to relinquish their computers to those students needing to do homework.
- Instructions from the Library, Computer Lab operators and university staff members must be adhered to when using Academic Computing equipment or facilities.
- Computer Lab Operators are not responsible for knowing all installed software.
- Computer Lab users are held accountable for all posted rules and policies.
- When you are finished working in the Library or the Computer Lab, please restore your workplace to the way it was when you arrived, or better, if it was not neat and clean when you started working.
- Avoid putting your hands or fingers on the computer monitors.
- To reduce accidents, keep all four legs of your chair on the floor at all times.
- Remove all trash from the area where you worked (even if you did not create the trash).
- Save your work frequently!
These rules are obligatory for all Library and Computer Lab users, and will be enforced by staff as per the request of the President’s Office and the Board of Trustees of the University.
Your cooperation in complying with the Library and Computer Laboratory Rules is essential and very much valued.